Chronicles of Chaos

Chronicles of an existence... Perfect Order within the Chaos.

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Animes and Japanese Wagashi (Traditional Japanese Snacks)




This is my latest craze (left pic)... *sigh*
Although this is covered with soy sauce, it is not savory in nature. It is in fact, sweet.

The one bad thing with having food craves, is that after I eat it, I will start to wonder how difficult it is to make the crave.

So ladies and gentlemen, I will be indulging my domestic side (and yes, that is rare) and venturing forth to create the above.

The down side of wagashi is... there are several trillions of sweet Japanese snacks. I find that I am not unlike a scientist. I tend to take things (in my case, receipes or food craves) apart in order to find out how I can re-create the object.

Once I successfully learn how to re-create my crave with relative ease, I will then be experimenting on the other trillion variations (right pic).

Wish me luck!

3 Comments:

  • At 7:38 AM, Blogger Acey Deucey said…

    So what is in this current snack you're trying out? I mean the fillings.

     
  • At 12:47 PM, Blogger ChroniclesofChaos said…

    The thing about dango with sauces is that there is no filling. It is sorta like a reverse concept. As long as there is a sauce on the outside, you can be sure there is nothing on the inside.

    The Mitarashi Dango is grilled lightly and contains a hint of sweet but so slight that it is almost undetectable.

    The sauce is of course, sweet.

     
  • At 3:53 PM, Blogger Acey Deucey said…

    Ah I see. So what is the outside made of then?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home