Chronicles of Chaos

Chronicles of an existence... Perfect Order within the Chaos.

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Farewell Acey! Welcome Home You!

Looking back, of all strangers that I have allowed to cross my path, I reaslied one thing. I have always been fortunate to meet the good kinds.

Perhaps it's just my highly attuned EQ or even women's intuition (yes, I seem to be bragging) at work here, but I have never met a "bad" stranger. Those I have allowed into my life, have always been the opposite of me in character. They are always sedate, down-to-earth, mild temperaments, more sheltered in life than I, lack spontaneity in life, resolute and last but not least, passionate yet not emotional. Collectively however, we share common traits like fierce loyalty, trustworthiness and supernatural resilience.

Before I start giving off impressions that I am comfortable with meeting strangers, I am not. I am the most cautious person when it comes to meeting a stranger face-to-face. I do not allow strangers into my life easily. I do however, place utmost trust in my instincts when summing a person.

In my most despondent of times, I came across one such stranger. He amuses me the most to date, for I have never met/read one who's character and writing flair are as different as day and night. Maybe I have not really taken the time to know many writers but for someone whom I have had several communication misses with, he writes fantastically well. His writing flair has been something I have always sought but, given my character, will not be able to achieve.

His complete and sincere concern in my well-being, leaves me wondering sometimes why he cares when he has no hidden agendas in his motives besides wanting to be just a friend.

I can't say that our characters gel as complete opposites and we sometimes irritate each other no end, but I am pleasantly surprised that at the end of his outbound journey, we will likely remain friends for life.

By now, Acey has most likely stepped onto a homebound plane for the last time, leaving parting words for a few, including myself. Simple words with a deep resonance.

Well Acey... here's wishing you the very best in what you hope to accomplish back home and that you find what I cannot achieve for now. I am comforted that you will be embarking on a brand new journey very soon and that I may have the chance to witness a few of these adventures together with you.

Goodbye Acey... thank you for the light at the end of the tunnel!
Welcome Home you!

2 Comments:

  • At 7:07 AM, Blogger Acey Deucey said…

    Hmm, I know not if I should take this as a huge (keyword) compliment or an insult. Ha ha ha...

    Thanks for your kind words, my friend, and see you soon (very soon).

     
  • At 12:56 PM, Blogger ChroniclesofChaos said…

    Take it as an insult!

    hehe

     

Post a Comment

<< Home