Chronicles of Chaos

Chronicles of an existence... Perfect Order within the Chaos.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Netball

Sec. 3 and 4 were the best years in my schooling life. For a one-word reason.

GIRLS.

Although I was in a co-ed school, we were segregated during Sec. 1 and 2. Presumably for the reason that it was easier administratively; The boys had to take Technical lessons, whilst the girls had Home Economics in Sec. 1 and 2.

My class had exactly 20 guys and 20 gals. Our
form teacher, Mrs Ong arranged our seating in checkerboard style so that each pair of boys will be surrounded by four pairs of girls, and vice versa. She explained that she wanted us to not be shy and mix with the other gender. HA HA HA... As if we needed any more encouragement.

We were a very closely-knit class. In fact, in my school, all the Sec. 3 and 4 classes were pretty close because we had the same set of classmates and teachers throughout those two years. Interclass games usually brought out the support from most of the class. Which reminds me of the guys' "strong" support for our gals during the netball interclass games.

One of us guys had offered tongue in cheek to the class's netball team captain to "train" them. A number of us can play a decent game of basketball (we finished third in the basketball interclass games) and the offer came out in half seriousness. Surprisingly, the ladies AGREED. Oh, we could hardly contain our glee, especially after thinking about the potential physical contact higher heights of netballing excellence we were going to help the girls achieve!

I, being the tallest in class (I grew 13 cm during my four secondary school years), was assigned the GK position. Suffice it to say I made life really really tough for the lady GS during the "training"!

On the days of the netball competition matches, the class's boys turned out in full force. I still recall us lining up one side of the court, sitting on the roadside kerb, as we took in the game. Everytime our side scored, we would do a Mexican wave. Upon which the scorer, either the GA or GS, would blush. Ah, those were the days...

We enjoyed ourselves so much, I cannot remember whether our girls won or not. :P

1 Comments:

  • At 12:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi everybody,
    most of the persons that I know get their holidays from their work in during the summer, but me, I have to work the whole summer. Now my so long waited vacation period is arrived also for me. This time I wanna go to Asia. In these moment I have a travel website always opened to search for [url=http://www.travelhotelasia.info/2007-hotel-tokio-01-01.html]2007 hotel tokio[/url] . I am gonna fly to Bangkok and then I will find out how to go on. I am single, so the world is my oister.
    ciao,
    Herbert

     

Post a Comment

<< Home