Chronicles of Chaos

Chronicles of an existence... Perfect Order within the Chaos.

Sunday, February 26, 2006

A Sheet of White

I woke up yesterday evening, walked out for my breakfast a couple of doors down, and when I came back, I saw 'dust' floating all around.

I got up this morning, repeated the same routine and when I came out, I saw a fresh sheet of white on the ground. The sheet of white was so fine and soft that I felt I was walking past a ground covered with powder.

As I stood outside in awe, the white 'dust' particles swirled all around me before settling all over me. The snow didn't melt when I smudged them against my clothing. I flicked it off and another fresh batch came to rest.

I looked past the parked cars and barren trees and they too were covered with a fresh dusting of snow.

The world stood still for me as I took in this incredulous sight. Mother Nature amazes me each time I think I am weary and done with this world. She shakes her head gently, whispering "uh uh... not yet" whenever I look up at her, sighing a breath of weariness, asking if that was all the world had to show me.

Yes it is freezing cold.
Yes I do feel alone.
But I am loving every minute of this 'white' holiday.
I am loving every chatter of teeth against the icy winds.
I am loving every sip of hot latte in the cold nights.
I love being snug in my inappropriate outer coat.
I love snuggling down against the woolly scarf wrapped around my neck.
I love the feel of warm gloved hands in my coat pocket.
I love life as it is now.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:35 PM, Blogger Acey Deucey said…

    Just to provide a little contrast. This comment is written 45 minutes after you had posted that.

    45 minutes ago, and indeed now too, I was working. It is 10:30p.m. over here and it is raining (a rare thing!) heavily.

    I am going to try to sleep real late tonight. 4a.m. to be exact. Because my team is playing in a Cup final tonight, starting 2a.m.. I want to catch it via internet and radio later.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home