Chronicles of Chaos

Chronicles of an existence... Perfect Order within the Chaos.

Sunday, April 25, 2010

The whole point of growing up

As we grow up amidst the many trials and tribulations, I woke up one day to discover that I seem to have lost a part of myself. I don't know when and how but I have let the trials and tribulations define me. I don't mean to say I have become a consequence of these decisions. I mean that the consequences of these decisions I have made, have made me start to check and doubt my natural responses to situations.

I'm not sure how this happened and when I started playing on the side of caution whenever I perceive a risk at hand in an opportunity that comes up. It is never a bad thing for one to be cautious but to me, that intuitive spontaneity has led to many doors being opened for me and I actually enjoyed life, even if a few of the doors opened, weren't very welcoming ones.

It bothers me when I self reflect now and realize that this is how I've been making my decisions. It's created a pang in me, for the person that I no longer am. There are some situations where over-thinking leads to a missed opportunity and that becomes a regret.

And regrets... as we all know... are the worst kinds of memory to have. There is absolutely nothing you can do to change it and all you have, when you look back, is this void and wonder of what it could have been and how the missed opportunity is of your own making. With regrets, there is no one to blame because it is all in your head and as we all know, you can't lie to yourself. It never ever works.

If growing up is so complicated, why do people keep telling us to do it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home