Chronicles of Chaos

Chronicles of an existence... Perfect Order within the Chaos.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Casual Fridays

As has always been the practice in my company, my department does not have the luxury of dressing down on any given day of the week. Not even if you are on half day's leave. This is because my department has direct contact with the world 'outside' and quite often, have meetings with both locals and international counterparts.

Imagine my surprise today, when the CEO sent out an email to all of us. He mentioned that someone asked why we didn't have casual Fridays and he has only now, remembered the issue.

He explained that he was the one who ruled out the wearing of jeans on Fridays in 1994, stating what I mentioned in Para 1. However, upon 'grave' consideration, he has decided it is time we started following the trends into a more people friendly environment and has allowed jeans on casual Fridays. Of course, being Mr Decorum himself, he stressed that overly explicit clothing is still frowned upon, along with slippers, sandals etc..

I look forward to casual Fridays now, not so much because I wish to flash my bling around the office or potter around as though I were home. I look forward to the tiny baby steps we will move onto next. Be it another 12 years or so...

3 Comments:

  • At 1:20 PM, Blogger Acey Deucey said…

    What is "bling"?

    And congrats on the loosening of rules.

     
  • At 1:28 PM, Blogger ChroniclesofChaos said…

    'Bling' essentially refers to any accessory that is bright, big and ostentatious / attention grabbing.

    Eg: Rappers wearing those humongous gold chains over their baseball jerseys. Huge bright (authentic) gold rings studded all over with diamonds.

    Bling-Blings these days have broadened to include diamond & silver rings and the like, not necessarily garish jewellery.

    Thanks. We are flopping all over the office now in our jeans and tops =)

     
  • At 5:08 PM, Blogger Acey Deucey said…

    Aha, so it is similar to the "blink blink" that my niece used to say. She referred to the lights of the refineries that can be seen from my place.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home