Chronicles of Chaos

Chronicles of an existence... Perfect Order within the Chaos.

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Helloo Cabbie (Part Deux)

If you have read my Helloo Cabbie blog, you will then understand the dread when I had to flag the same cab again. Truth be told, I have been waiting for 15 minutes in the hot sun and was about to give up hopes of flagging a cab off the side of the road.

Along came this shiny silver cab and I thought he wouldn't stop coz he was in the centre lane. I just raised my arm and flagged for him when I saw he had no passenger in his cab. When he switched lanes to stop for me, I looked in and had to force a smile for my driver for today was none other than terror cabbie.

Anyways, when I stepped into the cab, his first words to me were: 我以为你在搞失踪 (Roughly translated to mean that he hasn't seen me around for awhile now). Resigned, I had to give him a smile for he was afterall, my shining scrap metal for this evening.

He started talking in dialect to me today. Sigh. Which part of me indicates that I can speak dialect well? I was forced to intersperse my broken dialect with mandarin and English.

He then asked if I imbibed alcohol, to which I promptly said no. I had a sinking feeling where this conversation was leading to. He then said in an off-the-cuff manner that he was thinking of asking me out for drinks. (Incidentally, my colleagues are planning a drink session tomorrow)

I firmly added that I didn't drink which to some extent is true. I don't enjoy alcohol for a variety of reasons these days.

When I finally arrived at my destination, he said: 跟你很好 keng leh (it is always pleasant to talk to you!) afterwhich he gave me meaningful stares from his rearview mirror. I think he was waiting for me to respond or even give him my telephone number. This is the same cabbie that is probably nearing his 50s?I gave a faint forced smile, paid him and ran for my life.

No, cabbie is not a menace or a stalker. But I dislike his advances. I dislike it even more that someone as old as him think Im fodder for his age group. Ok truth be told, perhaps I even dislike him thinking that he and I could be friends. We have absolutely nothing in common and c'mon, I seriously cannot forsee myself having a friend of his age group. I feel insulted somehow. Yes, I agree I am being extremely superficial but then again, I have never been one to join the picket line for equal rights and the no-caste system.

I was sighing in exasperation when I suddenly thought of my earlier blog Meeting The One . Good Lord... if this is what is in store for me, then let's END IT HERE AND NOW.

I can only pray now that he doesn't take it upon himself to actually ask for my number. Please no Mr Cabbie. Don't even go there.

4 Comments:

  • At 6:09 PM, Blogger TO BE YOURSELF said…

    Hello, I come from Taiwan, it is piece that like girl that make friends, very honoured to come clan dose of you, is it can make a friend with you to hope.

     
  • At 10:13 PM, Blogger ChroniclesofChaos said…

    Hello Emma

    Thank you for reading my blog.

    Strange that you wrote, for I was sort of planning to leave for Taipeh next weekend. hehe

     
  • At 11:08 PM, Blogger Acey Deucey said…

    Which floor do you stay on?

    HA HA HA...

     
  • At 11:10 PM, Blogger ChroniclesofChaos said…

    Not funny dude... I intend to blog here each time I take his cab.

    Sigh... last thing I need right now is for someone to tell me it's fated.

    *sigh*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home