Chronicles of Chaos

Chronicles of an existence... Perfect Order within the Chaos.

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Quiet Solstice

As mentioned to a select few, I have started shying away from social commitments. I can't put my finger on when and why this started, but it has.

I was asked out for a movie, shopping spree, drinks at Gotham Penthouse and drinks at Guest Haus... none of which I turned up for. Dang!

I gave myself the excuse that I had to work on Sunday (today) and had to get up earlier to get ready and bring my bag of clothes, make-up and various paraphernalia. But in truth, there is really nothing much I need to get ready. Just bring my clothes and a little make up and I am good to go.

Hmmm... I should really start to push self out the door. If not for anything else but to stop self from being such a loner these days. Actually I did that during the Taipei trip. Forced myself to get out and be with people. Hoping that at least with a different view and climate, I might be able to enjoy myself around people more. I think it turned out waaaay way wrong. I didn't really enjoy the general company although I did enjoy most of the time with my colleague. She can be really enjoyable company if she sets her mind to it and just relaxes. It's when she starts getting antsy, overly bf protective (even when walking down the street) and dependant that she starts to grate on my one last remaining nerve. But in general, I must say she is quite a sweetie despite all that I've said. It's just me and what I feel.

So anyways, it is now Sunday and I have to leave for the damned awards in 3.5 hours. *yawn* I don't wanna goooooo! For the sake of the extra off day, I am going back to work with 3 other girls tomorrow however late tonight's event might end. The off day is going to be used to spend one last 'alone' time with my best bud. It will be a celebration of our friendship before she goes off to join her hubs in Kazakhstan, a celebration of her birthday. *sigh*

We were supposed to hit Genting and generally just walk around. In the end, when she mentioned this to her family, everyone got on board so now her ENTIRE family together with husbands, in-laws and kids are joining us. She assures me that we will generally be alone barring meal times. I guess it is ok since I've grown up with her family and 3 other sisters most of my teenage life. It doesn't matter much to me either ways... if I feel it is getting too much, I will do what I do best, walk away and enjoy alone time.

Well... that's as 'exciting' as this blog will get... have a good one everyone else!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home