Chronicles of Chaos

Chronicles of an existence... Perfect Order within the Chaos.

Saturday, January 07, 2006

To Seal A Fate

Oh ewww ewww ewww! This stupid cooking programme just grossed me out!

The old geezer managed to travel to some cold region in South Australia now and I think I just heard him say "put the seal into the wok"! *gag...puke* I saw the meat... it's a deep deep fuschia like a good burgundy wine. Oh geeeez!! There goes appetite for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.

Seals are ... well... erm.. some of em are cute!
Ok , I am not holier than thou... I have tasted kangaroo and emu meats. I am a sinner. Please forgive me.
BUT... I have not touched veal for a long time now.

I suppose it's relative though. If Singapore had an overpopulation of an animal, I would assume we would think nothing of eating them as well as think of palatable ways to prepare em...
(well hey! we are chinese. The scary consumers of monkey brains, live snake hearts and... *grows too weak in the knees to continue upon image of snake*)

14 Comments:

  • At 12:45 PM, Blogger Acey Deucey said…

    I'm a strictly chicken-pork-fish-prawn person. I don't even take beef and lamb. And I'm chinese. So there.

     
  • At 12:55 PM, Blogger ChroniclesofChaos said…

    hahahaha... I meant the chinese started the culinary adventuring into the eeky.

    Chicken, Fish, Pork... hmm why not beef though? Religion?

    I'm a Beef, Chicken, Fish kinda girl, in that order too.

     
  • At 1:09 PM, Blogger Acey Deucey said…

    Don't know leh. *Shrug* I just dislike the smell of beef and mutton.

     
  • At 5:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wow.. acey, you are missing alot of good food. Beef and mutton goes very well with red wine. Ahhh.. drooling..

    I am a Beef, Chicken & Seafood person.

    ginger_ale

     
  • At 5:19 PM, Blogger ChroniclesofChaos said…

    Guess if he dislikes the smell or taste of beef or mutton, he won't miss any of it.

    Wine... hmmm now I'm curious how old you are (yes I am that rude hehe)

    I didn't go read the history of acey's blogs and your comments so I don't know if you did mention or not. Wanna share? =)

     
  • At 5:28 PM, Blogger Acey Deucey said…

    I second that. I didn't dare to ask previously because I am a *ahem* gentleman. It's rude for a guy to ask for a gal's age.

     
  • At 5:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hmm.. how is mentioning of wine lead to curiousity of my age?

    make a guess lah...my preference of wine is Cabernet Sauvignon.

     
  • At 5:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    haha.. forgot to sign off..

    ginger_ale

     
  • At 5:52 PM, Blogger Acey Deucey said…

    OK, my guess (I also very brave one)... mid to late 20s. Garnered from all the comments you've left in my blog.

     
  • At 5:53 PM, Blogger ChroniclesofChaos said…

    Erm Acey? I have to play the bad cop again right? (since it would also be rude for you to guess and get it wrong either ways)

    Frankly I can't guess from the little I have read of you so far (namely from my blog). I would only suffice it to say young *prays that's a safe answer*

    (although stating yr preference of wine seems to indicate an effort to throw scent in a different direction)

     
  • At 5:55 PM, Blogger Acey Deucey said…

    By the way, my favourite wine is Port. Because very very sweet.

     
  • At 6:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, what's the range for the "young"? 20 to 40?

    If that's so, i am young and still be in the next 10 years.

    ginger_ale
    15mins to knock off..yay!

     
  • At 6:05 PM, Blogger Acey Deucey said…

    Ah, she gives a hint. And it looks like we are all of the same age. Well, maybe not, someone else is one year older than the two of us. Mwa ha ha ha...

     
  • At 4:04 PM, Blogger ChroniclesofChaos said…

    Elder: All The Better To Oversee You Guys with

    But like I've been erm... insulted? before... I don't talk for someone my age.

    Sigh... the woes of age. A mere number that causes much disrest.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home