Chronicles of Chaos

Chronicles of an existence... Perfect Order within the Chaos.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Johnson's Baby 'No Tears' Shower Foam & Another MLM Scam

I decided to take a shower to wash off the 'ick' from the dinner I just had with an ex-colleague. I accidentally flicked my loofah a little and whaddaya know? A glob of shower foam went splat into my right eye. I decided now would be a good time to blind myself so I told self to be brave "Self... Be Brave!" and opened my right eye to see if it would burn my retinas into oblivion. Amazingly enough, there was only a smidgeon of discomfort whilst eye could remain open without rinsing and no, I did not end up blind.
Johnson's Baby's claim of No Tears lives to its name.

Earlier, I met an ex-colleague of mine for dinner. She started drinking some stuff lately and was losing weight. I was being half polite when I asked the obligatory "Oh? Pray tell!". She suggested we go to this semi vegan little eatery in Suntec City, called Indinine. Being the sort to go to war if there isn't at least one meat dish on the table, I grudgingly agreed... very very grudgingly.

To be frank, the food was excellent. This is not your typical vegetarian foodfare, trying hard to imitate meat dishes with bountiful of gluten. The food within the menu was relatively inexpensive yet tasty and it basically was food without meat.

Examples of dishes were what we ordered to share:
Penne Al Fredo Cream without the ham,
Stir Fried Udon noodles with peppers and mushrooms,
Gyoza without the pork but with something that tastes like pork and it sure as heck didn't taste like gluten.
Salad with tonnes of stuff that tastes and smells like bacon bits

I am impressed! First ever pseudo vegan meal I had that I wanna go back to.

After dinner, friend started talking about my health and mentioned that there was more to just one product in order to lose a couple of inches. I then had the sinking feeling that she was onto some MLM scam and I have just been made a victim.

I had to oblige and enter MLM Hell in Suntec Tower 2 to be talked to, as is characteristic of MLM Scammers. I listened, nodded and smiled politely, whilst keeping all daggers sheathed and away. I managed to depart with my cash and sanity intact.

In the cab, I explained to her yet again that the one industry I truly deplore would be the MLM Scammers. I detest the Big-Fish-Eat-Little-Fish theory. I detest the MLM multi-millionaires lounging by their posh swimming pools, swathed by a garden area of 65hectares, leading into a Playboy mansion measuring approximately 130hectares, give or take a couple of hundred hectares. All this whilst the little fish, dart left and right, endangering their entire phonebook of friends and family, trying to sell them products they swear work. Then showing you two thousand pieces of testimonials from people who have tried the product. I absolutely hate that they are waxing lyrical to you of how life was ten levels worse than hell before they tried this product.

This friend of mine told me to ignore the fact that it is a MLM selling this product. Said if the product works, why not just buy it for consumption to lose weight and not worry about having to sell 10,000 packs before being able to earn commission.

I told her that even if this product were guaranteed by Lee Kwan Yew, I would forego and suffer the opportunity cost, simply because it is a MLM scheme. I reasoned that if an MLM has a 100 million turnover in 5 years, with testimonials from Stage 3B Cancer patients, who turned around one day after consuming said product, and discovered no more cancerous lumps or tumors, then why are the MLM Scammers not toasted as medical geniuses and the whole world worshipping the ground they walk on?

To me, MLM has so many monumental flaws in its business guise (Remember: Big Fish Sloths, Little Fish Slogs) that I am surprised there are still people willing to be sucked in.

Ok well, they say there is one born every minute. *sigh*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home