Chronicles of Chaos

Chronicles of an existence... Perfect Order within the Chaos.

Monday, May 29, 2006

Weekend of Excesses

Gosh... I just realised that at the rate this weekend seems to be going, I might just turn out to be an alkie (Translation: Alcoholic).

It started out without pre-planning. I was supposed to meet a friend for dinner and light drinks after. However, after being stuck in a conference room all day with 11 others, with the exception of tonnes of 5 minute breaks in between, a colleague ran to me the minute I stepped out from the conference room. She asked if I had plans that night. I said I had dinner plans but it would not stretch very late. In the end, 2 of my colleagues and I ended up going to meet my dinner date. I was unsure of how I could mesh the dinner date and colleagues together but things turned out well and I had dinner with colleagues instead. I felt kinda bad coz I had sorta double booked in a way but then again, friend and I never agreed to anything more than dinner and a drink in the same restaurant.

We had dinner at Crystal Jade and after exchanging two kilograms of grouses, we proceeded to Holland V for drinks. Turns out it was crowded so we sorta ended in Emerald Hill Acid Bar. Hmmm... I was surprised that one of the party animals doesnt really drink and the other woman who is married with 2 kids, drinks like a fish.

Saturday was another day of shopping and drinks. I literally crawled away at 1am pleading that I was comatose (yeah right!)

Today (Sunday), a colleague mentioned that she would be in my area for a class and we made plans to meet for shopping and dinner thereafter. She invited another colleague along and the other invited JW from my dept and that is how the 4 of us ended at Wine Connection for wine and champagne. I had my favourite White Wine from Sauternes, France. Might I add that this is one of my favourite white wine that tastes like freshly er... brewed? minted? honey. Utterly sublime. Following this was the harsh brut of a champagne for they did not have any Rose Champagne. I take this opportunity to inform all interested that Wine Connection at Robertson Quay (Mohd Sultan area) has port wines by the glass and is relatively inexpensive. =)

We crawled away, sated with shopping, dinner, wine and champagne. All in all, not a bad weekend.

It seems that lately, my colleagues and I are hanging out together quite often. We seem to be doing a lot of things together lately. Just the other day, the new PR guy asked me out for a movie and in the end, after I started calling others, it was us 3 from my dept and the PR Guy. We had dinner thereafter. Mere days before that, CC and I were out together for a side shopping excursion.

With the GSS happening, I am rather certain that there are gonna be more shop, dinner and drink trips. We already have MOS (Ministry of Sound) planned for 2nd June. I will then be leaving with Janice and her entire ancestry line on 16th June. Soon after that, colleagues and I have the chalet booked for 30th June.

With this much comaraderie, there is also bound to be tonnes of goss (gossip) flying back and forth. Who is being ill-treated by whom, who is trying to get into the good books of whom, etc. There is also a great big SCANDAL going on and like some, I am gonna sit in the sidelines to watch it unfold. Rest assured that I will have on protective gear with the words 'Spectator' emblazoned on my chest armour and head gear. No way in hell will I be drawn into this.

*sigh* In 4 years, this has been the first time I have seen staff from the company that close knit. I wonder if this is a good or bad thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home