Chronicles of Chaos

Chronicles of an existence... Perfect Order within the Chaos.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

My MOS Excess Night

So... eluding have I been, of the culmination of drinks with the colleagues drinking session, which is a party for 12 pax at Ministry of Sound (MOS) on 2nd June 2006. For some of us, it was the first time into MOS ever since it opened. For me, it was stepping into an actual club after years of retirement that was refreshing.

We had 9.30pm reservations at PURE Room, however when we arrived, we were told PURE would not be open till 11pm. We were told to hang out in the disco first and after that, we could transfer to PURE. Upon which, I was promptly ushered to pay for the 2 bottles of liquor we had to order in order to reserve 2 er... beds at PURE. After we seated ourselves at SMOOTH with our drinks, we were later told we couldn't bring our two bottles into PURE. It was fortunate I had a little booze in me to calm down before I really lost it. I do not think I promptly signed over $450 of booze only to be told I could or couldn't do this or that. Especially not when I had to arrive at the club like a doofus at 9.30pm. They managed to resolve this matter for me and the night continued.

I was slightly mortified when I realised that 85% of those present were not really drinkers, nor were they familiar with drinking games. After a quick knowing glance with my closest work buddy, she knew she had to assume the role of Imp No. 1 and promptly started the ball rolling. She made everyone down two glass of my favourite Martell with Green Tea.

Following this, I am happy to report that, Imp No. 2 (ahem.. that would be moi), taught them a couple of sure fire games, guaranteed to make them drink loads as punishment. After a couple of rounds, I am glad to report that we made it into PURE with our 1.25 bottles of liquor intact (I tried to upload an image of PURE but Blogger has been wonky for the past 2 days I think?).

It was really comfortable in PURE. The plush cushion managed to seat all 12 of us comfortably, with more fun and revelery to pursue. We finished both bottles in record time and followed this with a couple more jugs of booze. Strangely, we still had a carafe of mixer left over and no more liquor to mix it with. Check out how comfortable PURE is... (Ok check it out WHEN and IF Blogger manages to fix this upload pics prob)

In the end, only one of the girls got a little high but other than that, no great big puking scenes, sobbing dumped girls or even overly happy people resulted. There seemed to have been some underlying reason of why we were there and something was definitely happening between the guy in my department and a new girl. Albeit not in the romantic sense... something was just happening that isn't quite convenient for me to relate here (Yes... not even on the internet, where everyone thinks they can really remain anonymous). We decided at 2am that the old folks needed their rest and started leaving. I left with a colleague who resided in my vicinity, with a stopover for them to have supper.

I suspect the older you get, you grow more resistant to liquor for I managed to shower, and read till just before dawn.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home