Chronicles of Chaos

Chronicles of an existence... Perfect Order within the Chaos.

Sunday, January 22, 2006

An Acquaintance

I once knew this person some time ago, let's just call him M. I broke off acquaintance with him way back when he started to get really, really creepy.

He had known who my ex, JS, was. They were both in the force, one in the Air Force, one in Navy. He then started telling me how JS's ex-gf was living near him. Started to tell me that this ex-gf was sharing with him things about JS. I was uncomfortable at this stage, thinking what the hell is M up to? Last thing I would want is for him to be friends with JS and I would have to start seeing JS as a friend, together with M and JS's ex-gf. I started to distance myself then.

Soon after, I met D (current heartbreak) & we were in the beginning stages of a relationship when D was hospitalised. M started to creep me out BIG TIME when he started pestering me to tell him D's full name, his hospital and ward numbers. It was almost as if he had planned to go down to check D out (best scenario) or go down to attack/confront/embarrass him or me/blah blah (worst scenario).

That was the time I decided I would cut off all contact with this creep. I started to ignore him. He started sending me smses like how he didn't realise I was the sort to desert a friend after getting a boyfriend and just generally bugged me. I told him once that I didn't appreciate emotional blackmail and for him to have a good life ahead. After that I just totally did not reply him and deleted his number. He would sms me once in awhile, and every birthday or Christmas or New Year and Chinese New Year, he would send me a greeting sms. I ignored him all the same. It has been 4 odd years now.

Yesterday, he smsed me again, wishing me an advance CNY for me and my family. I replied asking who that was. After he replied his name, I forced myself to reply a short one saying "Thanks. You too." I thought that was the end of that till next festive holiday.

He smsed me this morning at 7am, apologising for disturbing me this early, saying his dog collapsed and he needed money for a heart operation. Says the cost was $350 and he only had $200. Asked if I could loan him $150. I ignored him all the same. Perhaps I am just that heartless (for both his Retrievers are cute and smart) but I just don't believe him. A dog's heart operation just isn't so cheap. And how more co-incidental that after I replied him, he asked for money the very next day.

Sorry dude... no can do. You have a nice life you hear?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home