Chronicles of Chaos

Chronicles of an existence... Perfect Order within the Chaos.

Friday, January 13, 2006

A Lateral Jump & Affirmation of a Political Game

Had our annual meeting yesterday. Was announced that a position I had coveted for 2 years is finally open and they will allow an internal recruit first.

I am now stuck between making a lateral jump where the con might be a salary cut and low bonuses and staying where I am right now, getting more than the new position, but hating every living, breathing minute with my current superior.

The good thing from the meeting though, is that our appraisals are done and I have finally gotten my bonus for Year 2005. I have mixed feelings about what I got. I had already predicted that with the increment and bonus I got in Jan 2005, I would be stagnated and the bonus percentage would be definitely low. As such, I didn't give it my all but generally, I think I managed to pull my weight and bring in the figures.

The management's explanation during the meeting was that higher salaried staff would not be getting a high bonus percentage, whereas the administrative personnel with very moderate salaries will be getting higher bonus percentage to make up for the loss in their monthly salaries.

All sound reasoning...which still sucks like hell at the end of the day when the receiver opens her envelope to glance at the cheque.

No matter... with this, I am now able to plan for my trip to Europe with peace of mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home