Chronicles of Chaos

Chronicles of an existence... Perfect Order within the Chaos.

Monday, January 23, 2006

Pop Quiz

I know a moron who was so bored that he tasked me to find the meanings of the following terms linked to aviation (questionable for Qn 10) and WWII as a Pop Quiz. So whilst listening in on a boring meeting, I managed to scrounge my shallow depths of knowledge and googled the rest:


1) Wilco - Will comply / Will Co-operate

2) Pancake - Code for Operation to destroy enemy forces’ supplies and equipment in bologna, italy area in December 1944

3) Servicable - Service area; Area in which the administrative services of a major military organization, such as an army or an air force are located

4) Scratch - n. Money

5) Ack – Ack - “Ack” stood for “A”. Ack-Ack stands for antiaircraft gun also, and especially antiaircraft fire.

6) Meatball - The glidescope light that pilots watch when they’re trapping.
Option 2: What is left of the moron who gave me this quiz!)

7) Buster - Maximum emergency power
(wanna tell me what ballbuster means??)

8) Zeke - Mitsubishi A6M Reisen (zero) IJNAF fighter

9) Wizard - Really first class, superlative, attractive, ingenuous (awww. thanks!)
Wizard (Kite) - RAF’s definition to mean “great airplane”

10) Scuttlebutt - A butt was a barrel. Scuttle meant to chop a hole in something. The
scuttlebutt was a water barrel with a hole cut into it so that sailors could
reach in and dip out drinking water. The scuttlebutt was the place where
the ship's gossip was exchanged. HELLO! This is a naval term!

*waits for silence and then thunderous applause as well as promised prize for doing quiz*

21 Comments:

  • At 4:22 PM, Blogger Acey Deucey said…

    I'll be 不要臉 and post my own link here. :P Otherwise how your readers know, tio boh?

    Pop quiz.

     
  • At 2:58 PM, Blogger Nobody said…

    Nice! I learnt something new today!

    Thanks for the link.

     
  • At 3:13 PM, Blogger ChroniclesofChaos said…

    Yeah... I introduce one and all to Google.

    Fountain of useless information for emergencies such as Pop Quizzes on subjects totally irrelevant to author.

    Also used as a lifesaver when one is totally bored in unstructured meetings with an agenda that no one follows.

    Your link was my distraction tactic to appear 'interesting' in case the current readership of TWO started dropping like barflies with my current girly-girl emotions.

    Welcome to my world...

     
  • At 3:55 PM, Blogger Acey Deucey said…

    Your Engrish is getting more and more powderful...

     
  • At 9:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    lady, you are 厉害!!! His quiz is too cheem for me liao.

    Btw, tao zhe got a new album, can't wait to get my hands on it.

    新年快乐!

    ginger_ale

     
  • At 9:50 AM, Blogger ChroniclesofChaos said…

    Ginger!!

    Hellos! Long time no see/read!

    That was how bored we were one fine day, when you deserted us and didn't leave your trademark on our blogs. *sigh*

    I'm not 厉害, I had google also for assistance remember? =)

    万事如意!

     
  • At 10:07 AM, Blogger Acey Deucey said…

    Actually, I had that in mind when I set the quiz. So I tried to pick the more obscure terms. Well, the internet is more powerful than I thought.

     
  • At 10:49 AM, Blogger ChroniclesofChaos said…

    Had what in mind? To be totally obscure and 'cheem'?

     
  • At 10:53 AM, Blogger Acey Deucey said…

    That you had the internet for help. So I tried to come up with something really specific and obscure to make things less straightforward for you.

    Didn't work too well, it seems.

     
  • At 11:31 AM, Blogger ChroniclesofChaos said…

    Yay! Judging from what you are saying and trying hard to read between the lines... I can expect the prize for getting all correct!

    Woot Woot!

     
  • At 11:59 AM, Blogger Acey Deucey said…

    Don't get your hopes up. I did not say anything. Perhaps you should note the words "too well".

     
  • At 12:04 PM, Blogger ChroniclesofChaos said…

    Don't care...I did a preliminary check on all that I answered, and they are valid answers in the aviation context.

    *chants* PRIZE! PRIZE! PRIZE!

     
  • At 12:17 PM, Blogger Acey Deucey said…

    We shall see, we shall see. :P

     
  • At 12:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hee....听者有份吗?

    ginger_ale

     
  • At 12:28 PM, Blogger ChroniclesofChaos said…

    Ginger

    We better see what I get, if I get a bottle of slugs, I don't think you want half of it eh? hahaha

    I'm now searching for people to travel with me to East Europe like ASAP. *sigh*

     
  • At 12:32 PM, Blogger Acey Deucey said…

    Isn't it lunchtime, friend?

     
  • At 12:33 PM, Blogger Acey Deucey said…

    听者無份 I'm afraid. :P

     
  • At 12:45 PM, Blogger Acey Deucey said…

    29th?! That's like 4 days from now. Fwah... you like to leave things late, don't you. And how long is the trip?

     
  • At 12:46 PM, Blogger ChroniclesofChaos said…

    Lunching at 1pm today.

    Am going nuts here... busy trying to decide if it's worth paying the extra money for solo travel with a tour group. I have to let them know by today if I wanna leave by 29th.

    Otherwise I gotta start planning to go alone, which I don't really mind except, I wanna leave NOW and I don't have that much time to plan.

    SHIET!

     
  • At 12:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hi lady,

    enjoy your holiday.. :P

    ginger_ale

     
  • At 12:38 AM, Blogger ChroniclesofChaos said…

    Thanks Ginger!

    I'm now planning to go alone.

    So... if you don't hear from me 3 weeks after I leave Sg, hehe... have a beer and celebrate on my behalf! hehe

    With my sense of direction, instead of arriving in Vienna, Czech and Poland, I might land right in the middle of Russia and Ukraine in a possible warzone. LOL

     

Post a Comment

<< Home