Chronicles of Chaos

Chronicles of an existence... Perfect Order within the Chaos.

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Nightmare 102, Flight AF 256

I wasn't going to blog today, but decided I should, if nothing but a reminder of how silly I was when I next look back.

I had a nightmare again last night. It was a sleep un-induced by chemical aid. I slept at 4.30am and at 5.30am, the nightmare started. Something about being chased, being trapped and being killed. Over and over and over again. I told myself to wake up and stop this nightmare but I couldn't. I finally woke up coz some kind soul was calling me on my HP. (Ok under normal circumstances, that kind soul and his entire ancestry and family line would be cursed till kingdom come, but these are difficult times and exceptions must be made.)

I was drenched in sweat. I always thought television dramas with people jumping awake and breathing hard were ... well.. dramas. I experienced it last night. The fear thundering in my heart, sweat-drenched, and basically just experiencing a shortness of breath.

Hence, that was the theme for my day. I was feeling moody that it's been awhile and I'm still being silly by having ridiculous nightmares. I decided then that I had to turn the funk and thus proceeded to calling the Misa Travel website and check on cheaper airfares. They told me that Air France and KLM was fully booked due to the promotion. The next available choice was to go via KLM normal price at S$990.

I was frustrated and decided to go surf Air France's website instead. I keyed in the exact dates I wanted and the air fare was S$2,005. I then started fooling around with the dates till I found the rate S$888. Excited, I called Air France and spoke to a delightful little french lady.

We started planning my ticket then. I was even more thrilled when I found that I could have the ticket at the same price, with an open jaw option (Arrive and depart from different cities).
Finally! I'm getting a break!

The french lady and I were discussing my travel plans, she applauding my bravado at travelling solo to such a distant land at such cold weathers. She wistfully said she wishes she were going to Vienna too.

We had such fun laughing over what time I should plan my connecting flight from Paris (oh yeah! I'm going Paris apparantly!) to Vienna. Apparantly Charles de Gaulle, the parisan airport is pretty large and I told her to factor in time for me to literally crawl from Terminal 2C to 2D, with time built in for getting lost in between the two terminals. She planned time for me to take a 2 hour bus out into the city, take a quick spin around and take the same 2 hour bus ride back to the airport. Sweet!

That being done, I discovered my ad in a travel forum churned back a reply from an american lady staying in Prague. She offered to meet up with me in Prague for dinner and drinks. She also added a bonus prize by saying that she doesn't mind seeing Krakow with me over a weekend and then offered me her couch for the time I will be in Prague! Kewl Ass!

Anyways, these two things happening within a half hour of each other, helped to sooth a little of the nightmarish aftertaste I still had lingering in me. Brains calmed a little and I started to feel my world come into focus again.

Phew!

3 Comments:

  • At 5:08 AM, Blogger Acey Deucey said…

    What a coincidence! I buy my air tickets from MISA Travel as well.

     
  • At 9:54 AM, Blogger ChroniclesofChaos said…

    Erm... point I was making is, the experience I have just had with Misa isn't that good.

    They aren't that resourceful or cheap. Hmmm...

     
  • At 10:04 AM, Blogger Acey Deucey said…

    Actually, I had the same bad experience with them.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home