Chronicles of Chaos

Chronicles of an existence... Perfect Order within the Chaos.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

The Upcoming Week

Ok as of today, plans for the weekend is full again.

Dinner and drinks with colleagues on Friday.
A cozy birthday dinner on Sat with Dor and Jan. Followed by Drinks at 11ish 12 with drinker buddy (Not another case of double booking again I hope)
Sunday... bake maybe? But definitely a day for rest and an alkie-free day.

Next weekend... I will be jetting off again from the 16th.
This trip though, is my final time spent with Jan before she moves to Kazakhstan with her husband. We did make plans for me to travel up to Kazakhstan next year. She made mention that she might join me in my plans to visit Russia. But then again, she might be preggers by then so ... we shall see. I can't quite fathom how we can travel together for we have very different travel habits. She is more goal oriented and cautious. I am more laissez faire and bold (or stupid as some might call it).

Over the weekend, I found out a friend's dad had passed away and I asked if he wanted to meet me on the trip for a dinner and a hug. He seemed to be taking it quite hard and perhaps all I can really do as a friend, is just to sit there and give him a firm hug, telling him it will really get better with time. I feel badly that I am unable to squeeze the time to visit him personally to express my sympathies. His dad's passing brought back memories of how badly I took my nanny's death 12 years ago. This might also be why I feel it is important for friends to just be around during these difficult times.

I am also trying to find the time to squeeze in dinner with ex's best friend and his wife and their newborn. I do not think it is possible at this point in time but then again, they have been on hold for at least a month now.

I know I should take the time to pace myself and schedule some quiet time in. But I think I am now in the 'Let's Go Out and Come Home Doggone Tired!' phase. Being this busy is a good thing right?

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home