Chronicles of Chaos

Chronicles of an existence... Perfect Order within the Chaos.

Friday, February 03, 2006

2006 Changes

I remember posting some time back about a new position within the company I am in.

Well, I talked to the manager yesterday and asked her what will happen if the CEO decides to resolve the recruitment whilst I am away in Europe. She says so far she hasn't heard from him yet. She asked if I have made my decision. Told her I was hoping to take the opportunity whilst I am away to think things over carefully. I told her the only concern I had was the remuneration and she revealed how many months' bonus she got for Year 2005. Gosh! It ain't little at all!

I was talking to a colleague from my department today and she started to ask when I would be on leave and when I would be back. I finally decided now would be a good time to confirm my suspicions that she would be leaving soon and asked her. She smilingly said that she just tendered on the 1st of February. This is a good thing for she is leaving to join her church as an administrative personnel and will be receiving training for missions (which is her ultimate goal). I am real glad for her and realise that this is an important step for her.

Then whilst colleagues and I were chatting during lunch, I made a snap decision to at least try for the position and have a chat with the CEO to find out exactly what's in store. I came back early from lunch and started trailing the manager after he came out of the conference room. I was amused to discover the first thing he looked, was at my hands (to see if I was going to tender my resignation).

We walked to his room and he jokingly asked if I wanted to give him an envelope. I joked back that he had no heart, that after 4 years of my life, he expects me to give him an envelope just because I wanted to talk to him.

In all seriousness, I then told him that I didn't want to give him my resignation but instead, would like to try for the new position. I asked that he inform my CEO about my intentions so that we can talk it over. I am worried that my manager may not release me for we are going to be shorthanded soon. On top of that, word on the grapevine is that another might be tendering soon too, dependant on how his interview works out.

I would like to think that I have grown just a teensy weensy bit this year.
The ability to step out of the mold and risk changes with a job.
The ability to just book a ticket and fly off to a place I really want to see, all on my own, without prior preparation.

Am suitably impressed with myself.

5 Comments:

  • At 1:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    really happy for you. :)

    i have only gotten a 2 weeks bonus and a $8 "Kai-gong" angbao from stingy boss. #!@*...like that how to reward myself with a diamond ring?

    ginger_ale

     
  • At 1:26 PM, Blogger ChroniclesofChaos said…

    hehe... I was just weighing if I wanted a diamond ring or a trip to freeze my butt off in the unknown.

    The choice is clear... hehehe

    Let's save up for our trip next year Jan 07 so we can go in style and also buy that coveted diamond ring!

     
  • At 1:57 PM, Blogger Acey Deucey said…

    And this year is just a month old. You have 11 more months to continue your growing up. *Grin*

    What's this talk about "our trip" and "we can go in style"? You guys planning a trip together?

     
  • At 9:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    YAY....with pulley luggages and good food on alternate nights. Chaos, u are sure made a good travel kakis.

    To Acey,
    Yup, we are planning at trip next year. Would you like to sponser us?

    ginger_ale

     
  • At 9:54 PM, Blogger Acey Deucey said…

    Fwah... you people are 好姐妹 liao. *Big Grin*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home